|A DARING ADVENTURE!|
How to make:
1. In a large frying pan heat the oil and sauté the onions, celery, chilli and garlic for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Over a high heat add the minced beef to the frying plan and brown for 3-4 minutes.
Return the sautéed vegetables to the pan, pour in the chopped tomatoes and add the stock cube, tomato puree, and 250ml water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook the peeled sweet potato in salted boiling water until tender. Drain and mash. Season to taste and add a knob of butter and 100g Mexicana, mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6
5. After the 20 minutes, add the drained kidney beans to the chilli mince, heat for 5 minutes and season to taste.
6. Pour the chilli mince into an ovenproof dish.
7. Carefully spoon the Mexicana mash over the chilli mince, spread evenly with a knife. Sprinkle over the remaining grated Mexicana and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
What You Need:
- 1 tbsp oil, olive or rapeseed
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (or a good pinch of dried chilli powder/flakes)
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (or ketchup)
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 beef stock cube
For the Mexicana Sweet Potato Mash
- 750g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into even chunks
- Knob of butter
- 125g Mexicana, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste