|YOU GOT THIS!|
How to make:
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté the onion and garlic until softened and slightly coloured. Finally add the chilli flakes and fry for 1 more minute.
2. Using a potato masher, squash the beans until they are roughly crushed in a large bowl.
3. Add the onion mixture, fresh herbs, (lime zest) and season well to taste.
4. Finish by adding the egg and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, and with wet hands shape into patties.
6. Fry over a medium heat in the remaining oil for 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Assemble by placing your bean burger on the bottom bun, add the cheese slice and grill until bubbling, top the bun and serve.
What You Need:
- 175g drained cannellini beans, rinsed
- 175g drained pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- A good pinch of chipotle chilli flakes
- A handful of fresh parsley and coriander, finely chopped
- Grated zest of ½ lime
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 slice of Mexicana