Mexicana® Potato Gratin
- 300ml milk
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g plain flour
- 140g Mexicana cheese -grated
- 1 onion- finely choppe1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1kg white potatoes
- Place pan onto a medium heat. Put in your butter and melt. Add your onions and garlic and fry for 2 minutes, without colour. Add the flour and mixed herbs and cook until you have a sandy texture.
- Now add half the milk and stir until fully incorporated. Now add the other half and stir again.
- Add 2/3 of the Mexicana cheese cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice your potatoes as thin as possible and neatly layer in a tray or ovenproof dish.
- Spoon over your cheese sauce, making sure to get into all the gaps. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and place in a preheated oven to 180°c for 35-45 minutes. Once you can easily push a knife through the potatoes, remove the dish from the oven and serve.