Baked Mexicana® Frittata
- 6 medium eggs, preferably free-range
- 120g Mexicana, grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into
- large, evenly sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until tender. Drain.
2. Line a 18cm (7 inch) round cake tin.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / gas mark 6 and place a baking tray on the middle shelf.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and when hot sauté the onions and peppers until soft but not coloured; about 5-6 minutes.
5. Whisk together the eggs season well and set aside.
6. Slice the cooked potatoes into discs approximately 5mm thick.
7. Layer the sliced potatoes, onions and pepper and grated Mexicana in the prepared tin; pour over the egg mixture. Press a fork over the surface to ensure the egg mixture is evenly distributed and level.
8. Place on the preheated tray and bake until golden and puffy and the centre feels firm, approximately 25-30 minutes. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and carefully peel away the greaseproof paper. Slice and serve warm or cold.
ENJOY A SPICY TASTE ADVENTURE!
Mexicana® Extra Hot